21 Church Street, Vernon, NJ 07462
Township Council Regular Meeting
7:00 PM – VIA ZOOM WEBINAR OR IN PERSON (HYBRID)
This township council meeting will be hybrid. The public can access the meeting via Zoom Webinar or come to the meeting in person at the municipal building. The meeting ID is 830 4980 3307. You may also call in by dialing 1-929-205-6099.
Guidelines for attending the meeting in person:
There shall be a maximum of seventy-five (75) public participants allowed in the council chambers during any hybrid meeting. All public participants attending a hybrid meeting in-person must maintain three (3) feet of distance between their chairs except that family members may elect to move their chairs together. Reading of e-mails into the meeting minutes will not be required, they may be entered by acclamation.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. STATEMENT: Adequate Notice of this Regular Meeting was provided to the public and the press on January 6, 2023 and was posted at the Municipal Building in accordance with the Open Public Meetings Act, N.J.S.A.10:4-7.
3. SALUTE TO THE FLAG
4. ROLL CALL
Recognition of Police Officers
6. DISCUSSION ITEM
7. PUBLIC COMMENTS (For Current Agenda Items Only, Limited to 3 Minutes Per Person)
8. REVIEW OF BILLS LIST
9. CONSENT AGENDA
Resolution #23-237: Authorizing the Use of Morris County Cooperative Pricing Council for Proposed Improvements to Maple Grange Park
Resolution #23-238: Authorizing Change Order #1 for PS No. 2: PCO No. 2 – 4-Inch DIP Forcemain Alignment Change
10. PUBLIC HEARING/2ND READING OF ORDINANCE
Ordinance #23-19: An Ordinance of the Township of Vernon, County of Sussex, State of New Jersey, Amending and Supplementing Chapter 99 Entitled “Vehicles and Traffic” to Establish a School Zone Adjacent to the Fields of Green Montessori School
11. PUBLIC COMMENT (Limited to 5 Minutes On Any Topic)
12. MAYOR COMMENTS
13. COUNCIL COMMENTS
14. COUNCIL PRESIDENT COMMENTS