The Vernon Township Business Administrator is appointed by the mayor with the advice and consent of the township council.
Chosen solely on the basis of executive and administrative qualifications, he is responsible for the daily supervision and administration of all departments and entities within the municipal government.
Under the direction and supervision of the mayor, the business administrator:
- serves as head of the Vernon Township Department of Administration
- prescribes standards and rules of administrative practice and procedure for all departments
- assists in the preparation of the annual municipal budget and supervises the administration of the budget once adopted
- administers a centralized purchasing system
- is responsible for comprehensive insurance administration, including the coordination of property and liability insurance claims
- serves as the township's human resources officer and is responsible for the development and administration of a sound personnel system
- coordinates the activities of the various departments to achieve maximum efficiency of the township government
- serves as the township's designated coordinator for the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) as well as the township's Public Agency Compliance Officer (PACO)
About William I. Zuckerman, CPA, MBA, CMFO
Bill Zuckerman joined the township as chief financial officer (CFO) in August of 2009. Four years later, in August 2013, he was appointed interim business administrator by Mayor Vic Marotta. He took the helm as Vernon Township’s business administrator effective January 1, 2014.
Bill earned a B.S. in accounting and an M.B.A. in management from Fairleigh Dickinson University. In addition, he is a licensed certified public accountant.
Bill is a volunteer fireman and serves as a councilman in his home town of Florham Park where he and his wife Lonnie have resided for nearly fifty years.