Are you ready to try something new?
Explore places you’ve never been?
Welcome to the Trails of Vernon Challenge!
Discover the many beautiful trails that Vernon has to offer by joining this self-guided challenge to complete 50 miles on any of our trails between June 3 and October 3, 2017.
This year, we have added a few levels to the Challenge:
- The Original Challenge—Log 50 miles of trail travel.
- The Build It Challenge —Help spread the word and get people involved.
- The Next Level Challenge —Add some objectives to your travels.
Choose your adventure that suits your goals. Hike your own hike and move at your own pace. It’s all about you...embrace it!
You can hike, bike, run or walk…whether a novice or experienced trail person…we have trails for everyone! There is no charge for this program.
Here’s how it works:
- Download, complete and return the registration form to the recreation department.
- Download the list of trails along with a trail log to record your miles. For the Next Level Challenge, download the list of objectives .
- Stop in at a participating merchant while on your journey to pick up your free Trail Challenge cap (limited quantities, only one per family please).
- Smokey’s Brick Oven Tavern
- Heaven Hill Farm
- Pochuck Valley Farm
- Healthy Thymes
- Lake Wanda Store
- Wallkill River National Wildlife Refuge Complex
- Share your progress on our Facebook page.
- Once you reach the challenge goal, send in your trail log and/or objective list to the recreation department to receive a certificate of completion.
Have questions or need more information? Contact Vernon Township Recreation at 973.764.4055, ext. 2261.