The Vernon Township Senior Center is open to all Vernon residents age 60 and over. Conveniently located in the lower level of the municipal building, the center provides our seniors with a friendly, comfortable gathering place and plenty of opportunities to get involved and stay active.
Current offerings include twice weekly bingo games, ceramics, line dancing, crocheting/knitting, Wii bowling and pool.
Come see our facilities, meet new friends and partake in the fun events, activities and educational programs we offer. Whether you want to join a card game, watch a favorite movie on DVD or log onto one of the computers and surf the internet, we’ve got the perfect setting for you.
Have questions? Want to know more? Contact the Department of Recreation & Community Development at 973.764.4055, ext. 2261.
Regular Schedule of Activities
- Daily: Crocheting and knitting daily at 10:00 a.m.
- Mondays: Bingo at 10:30 a.m. and card playing at 12 noon
- Wednesdays: Move Today exercise class at 10:00 a.m. and Wii bowling at 10:30 a.m.
- Thursdays: Ceramics at 9:00 a.m., bingo at 10:30 a.m. and card playing at 12 noon
- Fridays: Line dancing at 1:00 p.m.
- Third Wednesday of each month: Leisure Club meets at 1:00 p.m.
- First Thursday of each month: Site meeting at 11:30 a.m.