Vernon Couch to 5K Program
Posted: March 26, 2012
The Vernon Township Department of Recreation and Community Development is sponsoring an exciting Couch to 5K fitness program this spring.
Join with your friends, neighbors and kids to get off the couch and onto the pavement! The program will begin on April 22, 2012 and meet 3 times each week, culminating with the 2nd annual Vernon Day 5K on June 10, 2012.
We will be using a walk/run method and will work together for success! All ages, all abilities welcome! Jogging strollers and dogs on leashes welcome when allowed and appropriate.
Highlights of the program include the following:
- Meet at various locations throughout Vernon
- Jog log
- Includes t-shirt and entry into Vernon Day 5K
- Secret Facebook page for motivation and support
- Weekly e-mails with nutrition and motivational messages
- Written program to follow when not available to meet with the group
The fee for participating in this fitness program is $30.00. Residents can sign-up using our online registration service. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one at the site first and then select the activity “2012 Spring Couch to 5K” to register for it.
For questions or more information, contact the recreation department at 973.764.4055, ext 2261.