Opioid Epidemic Symposiums in October
Posted: October 9, 2019
The Sussex County Department of Health and Human Services has initiated a series of public symposiums for Sussex County residents to discuss the opioid epidemic that has gripped the nation.
Three symposiums will be held throughout the county to address the epidemic and provide information on the resources available to residents.
- Thursday, October 17, 2019—Newton High School, 44 Ryerson Avenue, Newton
- Wednesday, October 23, 2019—Wallkill Valley Regional High School, 10 Grumm Road, Hamburg
- Monday, October 28, 2019—Lenape Valley Regional High School, 28 Sparta Road, Stanhope
Topics to be covered include the following:
- Overview of services and providers of opioid use disorder treatment
- Information on prevention activities in Sussex County
- Connections to service providers
- What we can do to stem the tide of the opioid epidemic
Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the program will begin at 7:00 p.m. Light refreshments will be served. Attendance is free and no registration is required.