State Offers New Screening Tool DCAid
Posted: May 21, 2019
The New Jersey Department of Community Affairs (DCA) Division of Housing and Community Resources (DHCR) recently announced the launch of “DCAid,” a new user-friendly eligibility screening tool designed to help New Jersey residents find available utility and housing assistance programs.
The eligibility screening process only takes a couple of minutes to complete. Users can determine if they are eligible for DCA services that provide assistance with the following:
- Heating costs
- Utility bills
- Rent (including the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program and the state rental assistance program)
- Removal of lead hazards in the home
- Veterans Affair Supportive Housing (VASH)
- Weatherization assistance
- Homelessness prevention programs
The results, based on general income and household information entered, will provide a brief description of eligible programs with contact information for the agency where the user can apply.
The DCAid eligibility screening tool can be accessed here.