COVID Vaccine Information
Posted: March 2, 2021
Beginning Monday, March 15, 2021, the following categories are eligible for vaccination:
- Educators, including support staff, in pre-K through 12th grade settings
- Childcare workers in licensed and registered settings
- Public and local transportation workers, including bus, taxi, rideshare, and airport employees; NJ TRANSIT workers; and Motor Vehicle Commission staff
- Public safety workers who are not sworn law enforcement or fire professionals, including probation officers and fire safety inspectors
- Migrant farm workers
- Members of tribal communities
- Individuals experiencing homelessness and those living in shelters, including domestic violence shelter
Beginning Monday, March 29, 2021, the following categories are eligible for vaccination:
- Food production, agriculture, and food distribution
- Eldercare and support
- Warehousing and logistics
- Social services support staff
- Elections personnel
- Medical supply chain
- Postal and shipping services
- Judicial system
Visit the Sussex County Department of Health and Human Services COVID Vaccine page to see where vaccinations are being offered and to schedule your appointment or register for an alert when appointments become available. Vaccine quantities remain limited and appointments may not be available.
Seniors who are unable to access the Internet may call the Sussex County Division of Senior Services at 973.579.0555 for help registering for a vaccination appointment.
Seniors in need of transportation to vaccination sites located in Sussex County may contact Skylands Ride at 973.579.0480 for assistance. When possible, please contact Skylands Ride prior to registering for your COVID-19 vaccination so that transportation can be coordinated with your scheduled vaccination date.
Seniors who have questions related to COVID-19 may call the Sussex County COVID Hotline Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. 973.579.9488.