2021 Vernon Paws-A-Thon
Posted: September 2, 2021
Join us Saturday, October 2, 2021 at this family friendly event to benefit the Vernon Animal Shelter.
The Paws-A-Thon will take place at Maple Grange Park beginning at 9:00 a.m. and will be a 1.2 mile loop walk with DJ. Want to walk a 5k (3.107 miles)? Walk the loop three times! Dogs welcome (but NOT required)! Must be leashed, well behaved and licensed.
- Free doggie treats from Oh My Dog! for participating pups
- Water and snacks provided
- Baked goods and T-shirts for sale
- Adopt a pet
- Dog training presentation by dog trainer & behaviorist Norma Overlook
- Wildlife education table by Lokai Rose
- DJ Hi Energy Entertainment
Donations: The animal shelter accepts and welcomes donations. Consider getting sponsors for your 5k, and share your link with friends. Door prizes will be awarded. Doggie treat for pre-registered participating pups. Shelter is also in need of items for the animals such as cat and dog food (wet & dry), kitty litter, towels, blankets, sheets.