2016 Trails of Vernon Challenge & Photo Contest
Posted: July 8, 2016
Discover the many beautiful trails that Vernon has to offer by joining this self-guided challenge to complete 50 miles on any of our trails between July 15 and November 15, 2016.
You can hike, bike, run or walk…whether a novice or experienced trail person…we have trails for everyone! There is no charge for this program.
Here’s how it works:
- Download, complete and return the registration form to the recreation department.
- Download the list of trails along with a trail log to record your miles.
- Stop in at a participating merchant while on your journey to pick up your free Trail Challenge bag (limited quantities, only one per family please).
- Smokey’s Brick Oven Tavern
- Heaven Hill Farm
- Pochuck Valley Farm
- Healthy Thymes
- Lake Wanda Store
- Wallkill River National Wildlife Refuge Complex
- Scully’s Tavern & Grill
- Once you reach the 50 mile challenge goal, send your trail log in to the recreation department to receive a certificate of completion.
Be sure to share your progress on our Facebook page.
Have questions or need more information? Contact Vernon Township Recreation at 973.764.4055, ext. 2261.