Agendas for each regular meeting are posted on this website and made available to the public at meetings. Agenda items are subject to change. Official copies of agendas and resolutions may be obtained from the township clerk.
Agenda: October 15, 2020
Township Council Regular Meeting
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, this council meeting was held via a Zoom Webinar.
- Call to Order
- Statement: Adequate notice of this meeting has been provided to the public and the press on January 7, 2020, and was posted on the bulletin board in the municipal building in accordance with the Open Public Meetings Act, N.J.S.A. 10:4-7.
- Roll Call
- Salute to the Flag
- Public Comments (For current agenda items only, limited to 3 minutes per person)
- Items for Discussion
- Environmental Commission Resumption of Responsibility to the Open Space Committee
- The Procedure and Authority to Set Salaries
- September 28, 2020—Regular Meeting
- Resolutions (View Resolutions )
- Resolution #20-216: Resolution Adopting Township of Vernon Policy for Public Questions or Comments During Virtual Meetings of the Vernon Township Council in Accordance with the Regulations of the Division of Local Government Services
- Resolution #20-217: Authorizing Contracts with Certain Approved State Contract Vendors Under 17-Fleet-00743
- Resolution #20-218: Resolution Authorizing the Option for Employees of the Township of Vernon to Waive Health Insurance Benefits
- Resolution #20-219: Authorizing the Mayor to Continue the Incentive to Employees Who Enroll in an Alternate Health or Prescription Plan
- Resolution #20-220: Authorizing Contract with Certain Approved State Contract Vendor Continental Fire & Safety for Purchase of Volunteer Fire Department Air Bag Supplies and Rescue Tools
- Resolution #20-221: Authorizing Contract with Certain Approved State Contract Vendor Firefighter One for Purchase of Volunteer Fire Department Rescue Extraction Tools
- Resolution #20-222: Approving Active Volunteer Fireman for Membership in the New Jersey State Firemen’s Association (MacDonald)
- Resolution #20-223: Chapter 159 Resolution Requesting Approval of Revenue and Appropriation Amending the 2020 Budget as a Revenue and Appropriation of $280.00
- Resolution #20-224: Authorizing the Application for New Jersey Department of Community Affairs Recreational Opportunities for Individuals with Disabilities Grant
- Introduction/1st Reading of Proposed Ordinances
- Ordinance #20-18: Ordinance of the Township of Vernon, County of Sussex, State of New Jersey, Authorizing Acceptance of an Easement for the Property Known as Block 395, Lot 5 on the Official Tax Map of the Township of Vernon
- Ordinance #20-19: Ordinance Extending Lease Agreement Between the Vernon Township Board of Education and the Township of Vernon, and Sub-Lease Agreement Between the Township of Vernon and the Dog Owners Gathering Society of Vernon Township, Inc., for Certain Unimproved Real Property Identified on the Official Tax Maps of the Township of Vernon as Block 308 Lot 2 (old Block 133 Lot 2.05)
- Public Comments (Limited to 3 minutes on any topic)
- Mayor’s Report
- Council Comments
- Council President Comments