Agendas for each regular meeting are posted on this website and made available to the public at meetings. Agenda items are subject to change. Official copies of agendas and resolutions may be obtained from the township clerk.
Agenda: October 14, 2021
Township Council Regular Meeting
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, this council meeting was a hybrid meeting meaning the public could access the meeting via a Zoom Webinar or attend the meeting in person at the municipal building. YouTube video of the October 14, 2021 council meeting »
- Call to Order
- Statement: Adequate notice of this meeting has been provided to the public and the press on January 6, 2021 and on October 7, 2021 and was posted on the bulletin board in the municipal building in accordance with the Open Public Meetings Act, N.J.S.A. 10:4-7.
- Roll Call
- Salute to the Flag
- Public Comments (For current agenda items only, limited to 3 minutes per person)
- September 14, 2021—Regular Meeting
- September 27, 2021—Regular Meeting
- September 27, 2021—Executive Session
- Resolution #21-221: Resolution of Temporary Appointment to the Vernon Township Council Until the Next general Election Held on November 8, 2022
- Resolution #21-222: Resolution Appointing Fund Commissioner
- Resolution #21-223: Resolution Appointing Risk Management Consultant
- Resolution #21-224: Resolution Authorizing an Increase in the Change Fund for the Municipal Clerk of the Township of Vernon
- Resolution #21-225: Authorizing a Date for Municipal Tax Sale
- Resolution #21-226: Authorizing Electronic Tax Sale
- Resolution #21-208: Renewal of Pocket Liquor License (JD Vernon Lodge and Inn LLC) Requiring Special Ruling in the Township of Vernon for the 2021-2022 Licensing Term
- Introduction/1st Reading of Proposed Ordinance
- Ordinance #21-33: Ordinance of the Township of Vernon, County of Sussex, State of New Jersey, Amending Chapter 476 of the Municipal Code of the Township of Vernon Entitled "Short-Term Rentals"
- Ordinance #21-34: Ordinance Extending Lease Agreement between the Vernon Township Board of Education and the Township of Vernon, and Sub-Lease Agreement between the Township of Vernon and the Dog Owners Gathering Society of Vernon Township, Inc., for Certain Unimproved Real Property Identified on the Official Tax Maps of the Township of Vernon as Block 308 Lot 2 (Old Block 133 Lot 2.05)
- Public Comments (Limited to 3 minutes on any topic)
- Mayor’s Report
- Council Comments
- Council President Comments