Agendas for each regular meeting are posted on this website and made available to the public at meetings. Agenda items are subject to change. Official copies of agendas and resolutions may be obtained from the township clerk.
Agenda: May 28, 2020
Township Council Regular Meeting
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, this council meeting was held via a Zoom Webinar.
- Call to Order
- Statement: Adequate notice of this meeting has been provided to the public and the press on January 7, 2020, and was posted on the bulletin board in the municipal building in accordance with the Open Public Meetings Act, N.J.S.A. 10:4-7.
- Roll Call
- Salute to the Flag
- Public Comments (For current agenda items only, limited to 3 minutes per person)
- May 11, 2020 Regular Meeting
- Consent Agenda (View Resolutions )
- Resolution #20-120: Resolution of the Township Council of the Township of Vernon Authorizing the Award of Property Reassessment Services through the Competitive Contracting Process CC#3-2020
- Resolution #20-121: Authorize the Award of a Required Disclosure Contract with Host Compliance LLC for Compliance Software
- Resolution #20-122: Resolution Authorizing Retention of Appraisal Services for Real Property Commonly Known as 8-20 Black Creek Drive and Identified as Lot 12, Block 391 on the Tax Map of the Township of Vernon
- Resolution #20-123: Resolution Honoring the Vernon Township High School Senior Class of 2020 and Designating Main Street as 2020 Senior Drive
- Resolution #20-124: Authorizing Issuance of Estimated Property Tax Bills
- Resolution #20-125: Refund Overpayment Due to State Tax Court Judgement (DeSomma) Block 599 Lot 55
- Resolution #20-126: Refund Overpayment Due to State Tax Court Judgement (Krieger) Block 526 Lot 233
- Resolution #20-127: Refund Overpayment Due to State Tax Court Judgement (Krieger) Block 526 Lot 233
- Resolution #20-128: Refund Overpayment Due to State Tax Court Judgement (Mc Cain) Block 307 Lot 1
- Resolution #20-129: Refund Overpayment Due to State Tax Court Judgement (Mc Cain) Block 307 Lot 1
- Resolution #20-130: Resolution Authorizing the Purchase and Installation of Ultra-Violet Cleaning Lights in HVAC System by Air Group, LLC
- Public Hearing/2nd Reading of Ordinances
- Ordinance #20-11: Bond Ordinance Appropriating $2,600,500, and Authorizing the Issuance of $2,132,857 Bonds or Notes of the Township, for Various Improvements or Purposes Authorized to Be Undertaken by the Township of Vernon, in the County of Sussex, New Jersey
- Ordinance #20-12: Capital Ordinance Providing for Various Improvements by the Township of Vernon, in the County of Sussex, New Jersey, Appropriating Therefore the Sum of $396,550.00 and Providing That Such Sum So Appropriated Shall Be Raised from the Capital Improvement Fund and Capital Fund Balance of the Township
- Public Comments (Limited to 3 minutes on any topic)
- Mayor’s Report
- Council Comments
- Council President Comments