Agendas for each regular meeting are posted on this website and made available to the public at meetings. Agenda items are subject to change. Official copies of agendas and resolutions may be obtained from the township clerk.
Agenda: May 24, 2021
Township Council Regular Meeting
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, this council meeting was held via a Zoom Webinar. YouTube video of the May 24, 2021 council meeting »
- Call to Order
- Statement: Adequate notice of this meeting has been provided to the public and the press on January 6, 2021 and on April 8, 2021 and was posted on the bulletin board in the municipal building in accordance with the Open Public Meetings Act, N.J.S.A. 10:4-7.
- Roll Call
- Salute to the Flag
- Public Comments (For current agenda items only, limited to 3 minutes per person)
- May 10, 2021—Regular Meeting
- Resolutions (View Resolutions )
- Resolution #21-132: A Resolution Authorizing the Implementation of an Accident & Health Policy for Township Volunteers
- Resolution #21-133: Resolution of the Township of Vernon Authorizing the Execution of an Agreement for Municipal Services between the Township of Vernon and Black Creek Sanctuary Condo Association
- Resolution #21-134: Resolution Authorizing Fireworks to Be Displayed on July 3, 2021 within the Township of Vernon
- Resolution #21-135: Resolution Creating the Vernon Heritage Advisory Committee
- Resolution #21-136: Refund Overpayment (Block 527 Lot 371—Nuco Title Insurance Agency Inc.)
- Resolution #21-137: Refund Overpayment (Block 525 Lot 4—American Home Title Agency)
- Resolution #21-138: Refund Overpayment (Block Lot 55—A Absolute Escrow Settlement Co., LLC)
- Resolution #21-139: Refund Overpayment (Various Lots and Blocks—CoreLogic)
- Resolution #21-140: Refund Overpayment (Various Lots and Block—CoreLogic)
- Resolution #21-141: Approving a Charitable Solicitor’s Permit: Pochuck Valley Fire Department Inc.
- Resolution #21-142: Authorizing Approval of Sussex County Contribution to the Vernon and Glenwood—Pochuck Ambulance Squads
- Introduction/1st Reading of Proposed Ordinance
- Ordinance #21-13: Ordinance of the Township of Vernon, County of Sussex, State of New Jersey, to Amend and Supplement Chapter 5, Article XII, “Department of Public Safety” and to Repeal and Replace Chapter 52 of the Municipal Code of the Township of Vernon, “Fire Department” to Establish a Division of Fire Suppression
- Public Hearing/2nd Reading of Ordinance
- Ordinance #21-12: Bond Ordinance Appropriating $4,015,000, and Authorizing the Issuance of $3,130,000 Bonds or Notes of the Township, for Various Improvements or Purposes Authorized to be Undertaken by the Township of Vernon, in the County of Sussex, New Jersey
- Public Comments (Limited to 3 minutes on any topic)
- Mayor’s Report
- Council Comments
- Council President Comments
- Executive Session
- Resolution #21-131: Resolution to Enter into Executive Session Pending, Ongoing or Anticipated Litigation or Negotiation Contracts—SCUMA, Baldwin Property