Agendas for each regular meeting are posted on this website and made available to the public at meetings. Agenda items are subject to change. Official copies of agendas and resolutions may be obtained from the township clerk.
Agenda: May 11, 2020
Township Council Regular Meeting
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, this council meeting was held via a Zoom Webinar. View the YouTube video of this council meeting »
- Call to Order
- Statement: Adequate notice of this meeting has been provided to the public and the press on January 7, 2020, and was posted on the bulletin board in the municipal building in accordance with the Open Public Meetings Act, N.J.S.A. 10:4-7.
- Roll Call
- Salute to the Flag
- Public Comments (For current agenda items only, limited to 3 minutes per person)
- April 27, 2020 Regular Meeting
- May 5, 2020 Special Meeting Minutes
- Consent Agenda (View Resolutions )
- Resolution #20-115: Resolution Authorizing the Application to the Office of the Attorney General, Department of Law and Public Safety, Division of Criminal Justice “Body Armor Replacement Program”
- Resolution #20-116: Resolution Authorizing the Application to the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs “Bullet Proof Vest Partnership/Body Armor Safety Initiative”
- Resolution #20-118: Resolution Authorizing the Issuance of Not Exceeding $1,407,500 Bond Anticipation Notes of the Township of Vernon, in the County of Sussex, New Jersey
- Resolution #20-119: Authorizing Mandatory Direct Deposit per N.J.S.A. 52:14-15(F)(2)(B)
- Introduction/1st Reading of Proposed Ordinances
- Ordinance #20-11: Bond Ordinance Appropriating $2,600,500, and Authorizing the Issuance of $2,132,857 Bonds or Notes of the Township, for Various Improvements or Purposes Authorized to Be Undertaken by the Township of Vernon, in the County of Sussex, New Jersey
- Ordinance #20-12: Capital Ordinance Providing for Various Improvements by the Township of Vernon, in the County of Sussex, New Jersey, Appropriating Therefore the Sum of $396,550.00 and Providing That Such Sum So Appropriated Shall Be Raised from the Capital Improvement Fund and Capital Fund Balance of the Township
- Public Comments (Limited to 3 minutes on any topic)
- Mayor’s Report
- Council Comments
- Council President Comments