Agendas for each regular meeting are posted on this website and made available to the public at meetings. Agenda items are subject to change. Official copies of agendas and resolutions may be obtained from the township clerk.
Agenda: March 28, 2022
Township Council Regular Meeting
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Guidelines for attending the meeting in person:
There shall be a maximum of seventy-five (75) public participants allowed in the council chambers during any hybrid meeting. All public participants attending a hybrid meeting in-person must maintain three (3) feet of distance between their chairs except that family members may elect to move their chairs together. Reading of e-mails into the meeting minutes will not be required, they may be entered by acclamation.
- Call to Order
- Statement: Adequate notice of this meeting has been provided to the public and the press on January 14, 2022 and January 18, 2022 and was posted on the bulletin board in the municipal building in accordance with the Open Public Meetings Act, N.J.S.A. 10:4-7.
- Salute to the Flag
- Roll Call
- Mayor Comments
- Public Comments (For current agenda items only, limited to 3 minutes per person)
- Review of Bills List
- February 28, 2022—Regular Meeting
- Resolution #22-77: Resolution of the Township Council of the Township of Vernon in Support of Adult-Use Cannabis Retailer License for Castle of Greens
- Resolution #22-78: Resolution Concerning the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority
- Resolution #22-79: Governing Body Certification of Compliance with the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's "Enforcement Guidance on the Consideration of Arrest and Conviction Records in Employment Decisions Under the Title VII of the Civil Rights Acts of 1964"
- Consent Agenda
- Resolution #22-80: Resolution of the Township of Vernon, County of Sussex, State of New Jersey, Authorizing the Award of IT Consulting Support Services to Integrated Microsystems Inc. Through the Competitive Contracting Process
- Resolution #22-81: Transfer Resolution - Balance Transfers
- Resolution #22-83: Resolution of the Township Council of the Township of Vernon Opposing a Proposal by the New Jersey and Pennsylvania Chapters of the Sierra Club to Change the Designation of the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area to the Delaware River National Park and Lenape Preserve Until a Formal Plan is Presented for Public Review and Comment.
- Introduction of the 2022 Municipal Budget
- Resolution #22-82: Introduction of the 2022 Municipal Budget
- Introduction/1st Reading of Proposed Ordinances
- Ordinance #22-07: Calendar Year 2022 Ordinance to Exceed the Municipal Budget Appropriation Limits and to Establish a Cap Bank (N.J.S.A. 40A: 4-45.14)
- Ordinance #22-08: Bond Ordinance Providing for the Acquisition of a New Fire Truck by the Township of Vernon, in the County of Sussex, New Jersey, Appropriating $655,000 Therefor and Authorizing the Issuance of $424,047 Bonds or Notes of the Township for Financing Such Appropriation
- Public Comments (Limited to 5 minutes on any topic)
- Council Comments
- Council President Comments