Agendas for each regular meeting are posted on this website and made available to the public at meetings. Agenda items are subject to change. Official copies of agendas and resolutions may be obtained from the township clerk.
Agenda: July 26, 2021
Township Council Regular Meeting
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, this council meeting was held via a Zoom Webinar. YouTube video of the July 26, 2021 council meeting »
- Call to Order
- Statement: Adequate notice of this meeting has been provided to the public and the press on January 6, 2021 and on July 22, 2021 and was posted on the bulletin board in the municipal building in accordance with the Open Public Meetings Act, N.J.S.A. 10:4-7.
- Roll Call
- Salute to the Flag
- Public Comments (For current agenda items only, limited to 3 minutes per person)
- Resolution #21-175: Resolution Authorizing Approval to Submit a Grant Application and Execute a Grant Contract with the New Jersey Department of Transportation for the Old Coach Road/Pleasant Valley Drive Project
- Resolution #21-176: Authorizing the Cancellation of Capital Appropriation Balances
- Resolution #21-177: Chapter 159 Resolution Requesting Approval of Revenue and Appropriation Amending the 2021 Budget as a Revenue and Appropriation of $2,160,028.11
- Resolution #21-178: Authorizing Change Order #1 of Contract for Proposed Improvements of Guide Rails on Pleasant Valley Road with Road Safety Systems, LLC
- Resolution #21-179: Authorize the Award of a Required Disclosure Contract with Specialty Automotive Equipment Company for Procurement and Installation of Automotive Lift at Department of Public Works
- Resolution #21-180: Authorizing Change Order #1 of Contract for Proposed Improvements of Guide Rails on Breakneck Road Phase II with Road Safety Systems, LLC
- 2020 Annual Audit
- Resolution #21-181: 2020 Annual Audit
- Resolution #21-182: Corrective Action Plan 2020 Audit
- Introduction/1st Reading of Proposed Ordinance
- Ordinance #21-18: Ordinance of the Township of Vernon, County of Sussex, State of New Jersey, Approving the Redevelopment Plan for Block 404, Lot 4
- Ordinance #21-19: Capital Ordinance Providing for Improvements to Township Properties by the Township of Vernon, in the County of Sussex, New Jersey, Appropriating Therefore the Sum of $60,000.00 and providing that such Sum so Appropriated Shall be Raised from the Capital Improvement Fund of the Township.
- Ordinance #21-20: Capital Ordinance Providing for Improvements to Water and Wastewater Infrastructure in Town Center by the Township of Vernon, in the County of Sussex, New Jersey, Appropriating Therefore the Sum of $1,750,000.00 and Providing that such Sum so Appropriated Shall be Raised from the Appropriated Reserve for the American Rescue Plan Grant
- Ordinance #21-21: Ordinance of the Township of Vernon, County of Sussex, State of New Jersey, Amending Chapter 5, Article X Entitled “Department of Public Works” to Create the Position of Assistant Director of Public Works
- Ordinance #21-22: An Ordinance of the Township of Vernon, County of Sussex, State of New Jersey, Creating Chapter 255 of the Municipal Code of the Township of Vernon Entitled “Filming”
- Ordinance #21-23: An Ordinance of the Township of Vernon, County of Sussex, State of New Jersey, Creating Chapter 350 of the Municipal Code of the Township of Vernon Entitled “Long Term Rentals”
- Public Hearing/2nd Reading of Ordinance
- Ordinance #21-16: An Ordinance Amending, Revising and Supplementing Sections 330-4 Titled “Definitions,” Section 330, Schedule A Titled “Permitted, Conditional and Accessory Uses and Structures” and Section 330-164 Titled “Offensive Uses Prohibited” of the Land Development Code of the Township of Vernon to Regulate the Cultivation, Processing, Sales and Distribution of Legal Cannabis within the Township of Vernon
- Ordinance #21-17: Ordinance Amending and Supplementing Ordinance 20-08 Establishing Salaries for Certain “Non-Union” Employees
- Public Comments (Limited to 3 minutes on any topic)
- Mayor’s Report
- Council Comments
- Council President Comments