Agendas for each regular meeting are posted on this website and made available to the public at meetings. Agenda items are subject to change. Official copies of agendas and resolutions may be obtained from the township clerk.
Agenda: January 8, 2018
Township Council Regular Meeting
Time: 7:00 p.m.
- Call to Order
- Statement: Adequate notice of this meeting has been provided to the public and the press on January 5, 2018, and was posted on the bulletin board in the municipal building in accordance with the Open Public Meetings Act, N.J.S.A. 10:4-7.
- Roll Call
- Executive Session
- Salute to the Flag
- Mary Ellen Vichiconti—Hometown Hero
- Cervical Cancer Awareness Month
- Public Comments (for current agenda items only, limited to 3 minutes per person)
- Executive Session Minutes November 13, 2017
- Regular Meeting Minutes November 13, 2017
- Regular Meeting Minutes November 27, 2017
- Consent Agenda (View Resolutions )
- Resolution #18-71: A Resolution of the Township of Vernon, County of Sussex County, State of New Jersey, Authorizing a Referendum to Allow Expenditures from the Open Space Trust Fund for Recreation and Conservation Purposes
- Resolution #18-72: Authorizing Change Order #1 of Contract for Guide Rails for Maple Grange Road with J. Fletcher Creamer & Son
- Resolution #18-73: Authorizing Change Order #1 of Contract for Milling & Paving Barry Drive North—Phase I with Tilcon New York Inc.
- Resolution #18-74: Authorizing Change Order #1 of Contract for Milling & Paving Maple Grange Road with Tilcon New York Inc.
- Introduction/1st Reading of Proposed Ordinances
- Ordinance #18-01: An Ordinance of the Mayor and Council of the Township of Vernon, in the County of Sussex, State of New Jersey, Providing for the Municipal Consent of the Township for Suez Water New Jersey Inc. to Provide Water Service to the Village of Lake Glenwood in the Township of Vernon and for the Laying of Pipes and the Installation of Other Utility Facilities as May Be Necessary
- Ordinance #18-02: Ordinance of the Township of Vernon, County of Sussex, State of New Jersey, Amending Chapter 148 and Chapter 250 of the Code of the Township of Vernon Regarding Potentially Dangerous Dogs
- Ordinance #18-03: Ordinance of the Township of Vernon, County of Sussex, State of New Jersey, Amending Chapter 250 of the Code of the Township of Vernon Regarding Liquor License Fees
- Ordinance #18-04: An Ordinance Authorizing the Sale of Certain Land in Vernon Township to Be Sold at Public Auction in Accordance with N.J.S.A. 40A:12-13 (a)
- Ordinance #18-05: An Ordinance of the Township of Vernon, County of Sussex, State of New Jersey Authorizing the Sale of Property Owned by the Township and Not Required for Public Purposes and More Commonly Known as Block 142.01, Lot 1
- Ordinance #18-06: An Ordinance Amending Chapter 5, Article XVI of the Municipal Code of the Township of Vernon
- Public Hearing/2nd Reading of Ordinances
- Public Comments (on any topic, limited to 3 minutes per person)
- Mayor’s Report
- Council Comments
- Council President Comments