Agendas for each regular meeting are posted on this website and made available to the public at meetings. Agenda items are subject to change. Official copies of agendas and resolutions may be obtained from the township clerk.
Agenda: February 22, 2021
Township Council Regular Meeting
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, this council meeting was held via a Zoom Webinar. YouTube video of the February 22, 2021 council meeting »
- Call to Order
- Statement: Adequate notice of this meeting has been provided to the public and the press on January 6, 2021 and on January 7, 2021 and was posted on the bulletin board in the municipal building in accordance with the Open Public Meetings Act, N.J.S.A. 10:4-7.
- Roll Call
- Salute to the Flag
- Public Comments (For current agenda items only, limited to 3 minutes per person)
- February 8, 2021—Regular Meeting
- February 8, 2021—Executive Session
- Resolutions (View Resolutions )
- Resolution #21-63: Resolution Authorizing an Agreement with J. Caldwell & Associates, LLC’s Proposal for an Open Space and Recreation Plan Update
- Resolution #21-64: Resolution Authorizing an Agreement with The Land Conservancy of New Jersey’s Proposal for an Open Space and Recreation Plan Update
- Resolution #21-71: Resolution Authorizing the Execution of a Shared Services Agreement between the Township of Vernon and the Borough of Franklin for Animal Control Services
- Resolution #21-76: Resolution Authorizing the Execution of a Shared Services Agreement between the Township of Vernon and the Township of Montague for Animal Control Services
- Resolution #21-77: Resolution Accepting the Completion of Road Improvement Project to Lake Pochung Road-Phase II
- Resolution #21-78: Authorizing Change Order #1 of Contract for Milling & Paving Breakneck Road Phase II with Tilcon New York, Inc.
- Resolution #21-79: Authorizing Change Order #1 of Contract for Milling & Paving Lake Pochung Road Phase II with Tilcon New York, Inc.
- Resolution #21-80: Authorizing Change Order #1 of Contract for Milling & Paving Pleasant Valley Drive with Tilcon New York, Inc.
- Resolution #21-81: Authorizing an Agreement with the County of Sussex, Department of Human Services, Division of Social Services, for Transportation Services for Senior Citizens and People with Disabilities who Reside in Vernon Township for the Year 2021 in the Amount of $50,000 Per Year
- Resolution #21-82: Authorizing the Release of a Restoration Bond for Crystal Springs Builders, LLC PB#6-06-8 for 12 Old Rudetown Road, Block 607 Lot 43 (Former Block 270 Lots 11 & 26)
- Public Hearing/2nd Reading of Ordinances
- Ordinance #21-05: An Ordinance Amending the Vernon Township Administrative Code Chapter 250, Article II Fees and Escrows Enumerated in Section 250-15 Relating to Animal Control
- Ordinance #21-06: An Ordinance of the Township of Vernon, County of Sussex, State of New Jersey, Authorizing Purchase of Real Property Commonly Known as 8-20 Black Creek Drive and Identified as Lot 12, Block 391 on the Tax Map of the Township of Vernon
- Ordinance #21-07: An Ordinance Amending Article XII Stormwater Management of the Township of Vernon Code
- Ordinance #21-08: Ordinance of the Township of Vernon, County of Sussex, State of New Jersey, Amending Chapter 330 Entitled “Land Development” to Regulate Multi-Generational Family Accommodations
- Public Comments (Limited to 3 minutes on any topic)
- Mayor’s Report
- Council Comments
- Council President Comments