Agendas for each regular meeting are posted on this website and made available to the public at meetings. Agenda items are subject to change. Official copies of agendas and resolutions may be obtained from the township clerk.
Agenda: August 25, 2014
Township Council Regular Meeting
Time: 6:30 p.m.
- Call to Order
- Statement: Adequate notice of this meeting has been provided to the public and the press on January 8, 2014, and was posted on the bulletin board in the municipal building in accordance with the Open Public Meetings Act, N.J.S.A. 10:4-7.
- Roll Call
- Executive Session
- Potential Litigation—Initiative Ballot Question
- Salute to the Flag
- Police Officer Promotions
- Vernon Historical Society
- Public Comments
- Mayor’s Report
- Regular Meeting Minutes August 11, 2014
- Consent Agenda (View Resolutions )
- Resolution #14-140: Authorizing Change Order #1 and Final Acceptance of Contract for Drainage Improvements to Upper Plateau and Murphy Court
- Resolution #14-141: Authorizing In Rem Foreclosure Proceedings
- Resolution #14-142: Resolution to Award a Contract to H and H Auto Parts Using the U.S. Communities Contract #1101149
- Resolution #14-143: Authorizing the Use of Morris County Co-Op Contract #15A to Purchase One (1) 2015 Ford Utility Police Interceptor Vehicle or Equivalent for the Vernon Township Building Department
- Resolution #14-144: Awarding a Contract to Sportable Scoreboards for the Purchase of Scoreboards
- Resolution #14-145: Refund of Field Usage Fees
- Introduction/1st Reading of Proposed Ordinances
- Ordinance #14-16: An Ordinance of the Township of Vernon, County of Sussex, and State of New Jersey Establishing the Eligibility of Redevelopment Projects within Designated Areas in Need of Redevelopment for Thirty (30) Year Tax Exemptions and Abatements Pursuant to the Long Term Tax Exemption Law, N.J.S.A. 40A:20-1, et seq.
- Public Hearing/2nd Reading of Ordinances
- Ordinance #14-17: An Ordinance to Prohibit the Purchase of “Camp Sussex” Using Open Space Funds and Require All Open Space and Farmland Preservation Purchases to Be Voted on by Vernon Voters
- Council Comments
- Council President Comments