Agendas for each regular meeting are posted on this website and made available to the public at meetings. Agenda items are subject to change. Official copies of agendas and resolutions may be obtained from the township clerk.
Agenda: August 11, 2014
Township Council Regular Meeting
Time: 7:30 p.m.
- Call to Order
- Statement: Adequate notice of this meeting has been provided to the public and the press on January 8, 2014, and was posted on the bulletin board in the municipal building in accordance with the Open Public Meetings Act, N.J.S.A. 10:4-7.
- Roll Call
- Salute to the Flag
- Mountain Creek (PILOT)
- Public Comments
- Mayor’s Report
- Regular Meeting Minutes July 14, 2014
- Regular Meeting Minutes July 28, 2014
- Consent Agenda (View Resolutions )
- Resolution #14-131: Resolution Authorizing Issuance of Not Exceeding $600,000 Special Emergency Notes of the Township of Vernon
- Resolution #14-132: Authorizing the Use of National Joint Powers Alliance, Contract #022014-Grd, Member #19268 to Purchase One (1) 2012 Vacall Sweeper for the Department of Public Works
- Resolution #14-133: Authorizing the Use of Sussex County Cooperative Purchasing to Purchase One (1) 2015 Freightliner Single Axle Dump Truck for the Department of Public Works
- Resolution #14-134: Resolution of the Township of Vernon, in the County of Sussex, New Jersey, Relating to Continuing Disclosure Matters Applicable to Bonds and Notes of the Township and Authorizing Certain Actions in Connection Therewith
- Resolution #14-135: Authorizing the Use of Sussex County Cooperative Purchasing to Purchase One (1) Each: Dump Body, Plow and Salt Spreader for the 2015 Freightliner Straight Axle Dump Truck for the Department of Public Works
- Resolution #14-136: Awarding a Contract to Baldwin Sand and Gravel to Supply the Township with Road Grits during 2014
- Resolution #14-137: Authorizing the Placement of Signs in Various Locations
- Resolution #14-138: Chapter 159 Resolution Requesting Approval of Revenue and Appropriation Amending the 2014 Budget as a Revenue and Appropriation of $5,000.00
- Resolution #14-139: Appointment of Vernon Township Acting Zoning Officer
- Introduction/1st Reading of Proposed Ordinances
- Ordinance #14-16: An Ordinance of the Township of Vernon, County of Sussex, and State of New Jersey Establishing the Eligibility of Redevelopment Projects within Designated Areas in Need of Redevelopment for Thirty (30) Year Tax Exemptions and Abatements Pursuant to the Long Term Tax Exemption Law, N.J.S.A. 40a: 20-1, et seq.
- Public Hearing/2nd Reading of Ordinances
- Ordinance #14-15: An Ordinance to Authorize Acquisition of Real Property and Capital Improvements Located at 293 Route 94 (Block 141, Lots 12.01 & 13)
- Certification of Petition
- Council Comments
- Council President Comments