Agendas for each regular meeting are posted on this website and made available to the public at meetings. Agenda items are subject to change. Official copies of agendas and resolutions may be obtained from the township clerk.
Agenda: April 13, 2020
Township Council Regular Meeting
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, this council meeting was held via a Zoom Webinar.
- Call to Order
- Statement: Adequate notice of this meeting has been provided to the public and the press on January 7, 2020, and was posted on the bulletin board in the municipal building in accordance with the Open Public Meetings Act, N.J.S.A. 10:4-7.
- Roll Call
- Salute to the Flag
- Office of Emergency Management Proclamation of Local Emergency 2020-01 Addendum No. 2
- Public Comments (For current agenda items only, limited to 3 minutes per person)
- March 30, 2020 Special Budget Meeting
- Consent Agenda (View Resolutions )
- Resolution #20-109: Resolution Authorizing the Hiring of an Assessment Firm for Annual Ongoing Reassessment Program through the Competitive Contracting Process
- Resolution #20-110: Authorize the Extension of Award of an Auto Supply Contract to H&H Auto Parts, Bid 4-2018
- Resolution #20-111: Approving Active Volunteer Fireman for Membership in the New Jersey State Fireman’s Association (Gill)
- Public Hearing/2nd Reading of Ordinances
- Ordinance #20-09: Ordinance of the Township of Vernon, County of Sussex, State of New Jersey, Creating Chapter 476 of the Municipal Code of the Township of Vernon Entitled “Short-Term Rentals”
- Ordinance #20-10: An Ordinance of the Township of Vernon, County of Sussex, State of New Jersey, Amending and Supplementing Chapter 509 of the Municipal Code of the Township of Vernon Entitled “Taxation” to Provide for an Annual Allocation of the Hotel and Motel Room and Transient Accommodation Occupancy Tax
- Public Comments (Limited to 3 minutes on any topic)
- Mayor’s Report
- Council Comments
- Council President Comments