Skip to main content
- Building Department
- The Vernon Township Division of Building enforces and administers the regulations of the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code.
- Department of Finance
- The Vernon Township Department of Finance handles receipts and disbursements for the municipality. It maintains all bank accounts, tracks the township’s budget and handles payment of bills and processing of purchase orders.
- Fire Prevention
- The Vernon Township Department of Fire Prevention is responsible for enforcing the New Jersey Uniform Fire Code. All retail, commercial, office, manufacturing and hotel properties are inspected annually for compliance with the code. The department’s inspectors are also responsible for investigating any fires in the township.
- Division of Planning & Zoning
- The Vernon Township Division of Planning and Zoning provides assistance and guidance in the development of land in Vernon pursuant to the land use ordinance, the master plan and the Municipal Land Use Law.
- Department of Public Works
- The Vernon Township Department of Public Works provides the township with a wide variety of services including the maintenance of township buildings and park facilities, snow removal, general street repairs, traffic sign maintenance, service and repair of all township vehicles as well as operating the recycling facility.
- Department of Recreation & Community Dev.
- The Vernon Township Department of Recreation and Community Development has become an advocate for quality recreation programs and continues to be a community resource.
- Tax Assessor
- The Vernon Township Division of Tax Assessments, within the Vernon Township Department of Administration, is responsible for valuing all real and personal property in the township for purposes of assessment and taxation, preparing the tax list, maintaining the township tax map and conducting property appraisals for municipal purposes.
- Tax Collector
- The Vernon Township Division of Tax Collections, within the Vernon Township Department of Finance, receives and collects all current and delinquent real and personal property taxes, collects assessments for local improvements and conducts official searches for municipal liens.