All meeting minutes posted on the township website are unofficial minutes. Official copies of minutes may be obtained from the Vernon Township Department of Recreation and Community Development.

Minutes: October 5, 2016

The regular meeting was called to order at 7:35 p.m. by Mary Ellen Vichiconti.

Board of Recreation members in attendance: Denise Urbaniak, Mary Ellen Vichiconti, Kelly Weller, Joyce Brensinger, Carolyn Cacace.

Approval of Minutes:

Motion made by Joyce Brensinger to approve minutes from Sept. 21, 2016, meeting. Motion seconded by Kelly Weller; motion approved.

Old Business:

  • Trunk or Treat
    • Sign-up for Board of Recreation volunteers. Volunteers will meet at Maple Grange Park at 4:30 p.m. on October 28th.
    • Discussion on how this event is being promoted in town.
  • Holiday Parade/Tree Lighting
    • Denise Urbaniak reported that a list of questions was e-mailed to Mayor Shortway, Mishelle Downtain, and Jeanne Buffalino. Jeanne Buffalino responded to the e-mail that most of the items on the list were already addressed. Denise Urbaniak will follow-up with Jeanne to find out what is needed from the Board of Recreation.
  • Trails of Vernon Challenge Feedback
    • Board of Recreation members commented that it has been a successful program and will continue to grow in subsequent years.
    • It was noted that the promotional knapsacks have not been prominently displayed at the sponsoring businesses in town.
  • Horseshoe League Presentation Feedback
    • Discussion regarding funding for relocation and new horseshoe pits.
    • The horseshoe league should be required to follow the town ordinance that outlines requirements for all sports leagues i.e. proof of insurance, by-laws, and field allocation.
  • Electric Announcement Signs
    • Mary Ellen Vichiconti suggested renting or borrowing a portable electric sign to test various locations in town.

New Business:

  • Via e-mail Bill Shapiro asked Board of Recreation members to develop an outline of events and approximate costs so that information can be forwarded to Mishelle Downtain as she prepares for the Dept. of Community Affairs 2017 budget.
  • Discussion on the possibility of sponsoring EarthFest if the Vernon Chamber Charities organization is not sponsoring.

Motion to adjourn at 8:05 p.m. made by Carolyn Cacace; motion by seconded by Denise Urbaniak. Motion approved.

Next Meeting—October 19, 2016