All meeting minutes posted on the township website are unofficial minutes. Official copies of minutes may be obtained from the Vernon Township Department of Recreation and Community Development.
Minutes: October 19, 2011
The regular meeting was called to order at 7:32 p.m. by Mary Bradley.
Board Members in Attendance
Board members Mary Ellen Vichiconti and Don Sledgeski were excused.
Remaining Meetings for 2011
- November 2 meeting with Chamber of Commerce & PAL to discuss tree lighting activities.
- November 16 meeting—confirm items needed for tree lighting.
- December 7—tree lighting at firehouse, no formal meeting.
- December 21—motion to cancel meeting made by Diane Cook, seconded by Justin Annunziata, motion carries.
Halloween with PAL
Sara Miller and 2 other youths to help with recreation department table.
Recreation Director Report
- Will have volunteers to play Santa, Mrs. Claus and Frosty.
- There will be 15-17 youth volunteers from the PAL and Kathy Belli from GMMS will oversee youth volunteers.
- One craft will be provided by PAL.
- Christmas card signing for retired firemen’s home.
- Tentative date of Saturday, February 18. Bring in vendors, work with Chamber of Commerce, Economic Development Advisory Committee, PAL. Possibly have demos for snowboarding, snowshoeing, cross country skiing. Talk to sports organizations about holding registrations at same time.
- Location possibly at the PAL, Church Street or Main Street.
- Frank Annunziata also working with councilman Brian Lynch to set-up a frozen pond rescue demonstration.
Meeting adjourned at 9:15 p.m.