All meeting minutes posted on the township website are unofficial minutes. Official copies of minutes may be obtained from the Vernon Township Department of Recreation and Community Development.
Minutes: November 6, 2019
Meeting called to order at: 7:33 p.m.
Board of Recreation Members in Attendance:
Approval of Minutes
Previous month’s minutes approved: Joyce Brensinger
Seconded: Kelly Weller
Open to the Public: 7:30-7:45
Turkey Trot - Thanksgiving Day
- Sponsorships are in
- Swag bags are in - to be filled by high school student helpers: Chapstick, granola bars, Biofreeze, handwarmers, rain ponchos
- Volunteers are needed by 6:30 a.m. - bagels, water
- Route will be reviewed for start/finish and parking areas
Tree Lighting - December 6, 2019
Theme is “Old Fashioned Christmas.” Volunteers are needed, starting at 6:30 p.m.
Viking Snow Shoe - January 25, 2020
- Start time has been changed to 9:00
- Cabriolet will begin up the mountain at 8:00
- Volunteers are needed
Holiday Bazaar - November 30, 2019, 1-5 p.m.
To be held at Veterans Memorial Park and to coincide with Toys for Tots Train at 4:20
Farmer’s Market, Santa Claus and Marines to visit, gingerbread house contest.
Earthfest - April 26, 2020
Recreation “craft table” will be a photo booth, with backdrop and props made out of recycled items. Participants will take photos with their own phones. Possibility of asking VTHS art students to create backdrop.
Motion to adjourn meeting: Denise Urbaniak
Motion seconded by: Carolyn Cacace
Meeting ended: 8:51 p.m.
Next meeting: 12/04/19