All meeting minutes posted on the township website are unofficial minutes. Official copies of minutes may be obtained from the Vernon Township Department of Recreation and Community Development.
Minutes: November 2, 2011
The regular meeting was called to order at 7:39 p.m. by Mary Bradley.
Board Members in Attendance
Mary Ellen Vichiconti
Board members Justin Annunziata, Raeline Kennedy and Don Sledgeski were excused.
Also in Attendance
Board member Bonnie Rubin resigned.
Christmas Tree Lighting with PAL and Chamber of Commerce
- To be held Wednesday, December 7th, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. at the Vernon Firehouse.
- DPW will be responsible for the placement of the tree at the firehouse.
- Activities will include music and singing, one craft, cards made for the Firemen’s Retirement Home in Boonton.
- Chamber of Commerce will supply hot cocoa, donuts, cookies and cider. Frank Annunziata volunteered to purchase cocoa and coffee.
- Lights and extension cords will be provided by the town.
- Local photographer will be taking pictures and sending via e-mail. Will bring props for pictures or the antique fire truck can be used as a backdrop.
- Bonfire will be coordinated and overseen by Don Sledgeski.
- PAL will provide approximately twenty youth to assist, and GMMS students will also be assisting.
- Set-up between 5:00 - 5:30 p.m.
- Valerie Seufert suggested a sign at the firehouse with tree lighting info ahead of time.
Sample letter to be given to local merchants and organizations presented by Melissa Wiedbrauk.
Frank Annunziata will head a committee including Diane Cook and Mary Ellen Vichiconti to meet prior to November 16th meeting to determine feasibility and recruit other organizations in town.
Meeting adjourned at 9:15 p.m.