All meeting minutes posted on the township website are unofficial minutes. Official copies of minutes may be obtained from the Vernon Township Department of Recreation and Community Development.
Minutes: March 7, 2012
The regular meeting was called to order at 7:40 p.m. by Mary Bradley.
Board Members in Attendance
Mary Ellen Vichiconti
Board members Denise Urbaniak, Don Sledgeski and Justin Annunziata were excused.
Possibility of combining efforts with the Rotary Club. Possible date of September 23rd or 24th, need a location. Mary Bradley will meet with Susan George regarding a combined effort.
Will order 100 road signs, cost is budgeted.
Teen Meeting—Meet and Greet with Seniors
- Met with teens to discuss potential activities.
- Teens would like to meet with senior citizens and present to the council how they can give back to the seniors—computer help, card games.
- Discussed the possibility of a bus run to the senior center from 3 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Recreation Director Report
- Joined the Center for Prevention.
- Fishing derby to be held on April 28th—how involved does the recreation board want to be?
- At EarthFest, promote the recycling, list hours of operation. Also can promote other upcoming town events.
- Town garden—suggested 6'x6' or 8'x8' plots. Also suggested price of $25 per plot.
- Senior of the Year nominations.
Meeting adjourned at 9:20 p.m.