All meeting minutes posted on the township website are unofficial minutes. Official copies of minutes may be obtained from the Vernon Township Department of Recreation and Community Development.
Minutes: June 20, 2012
The regular meeting was called to order at 7:44 p.m. by Mary Bradley.
Board Members in Attendance
Mary Ellen Vichiconti
Board members Justin Annunziata, Don Sledgeski and Diane Cook were excused.
Open to the Public
Emilee Vichiconti and Kathy Mueller presented information for Earth Vibes Music Fest which will be held June 22-24.
Re-cap of Vernon Day
- Received a few comments from vendors with suggestions for next year. Overall the comments were very positive.
- Suggested to have a sign with food vendors listed for next year.
- Need to obtain an orange safety vest for parking attendant and add an additional volunteer to parking.
- The DJ was well received and added to the festivities.
- The date for 2013 will be June 9th from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- 5K race was very successful. $2200 was raised the day of the race.
- Next year need to block off parking lot area for 5K registration and start and finish.
National Night Out
- The movie “We Bought a Zoo” was purchased. Will ask PAL for use of their large screen.
- Lowe’s will supply water bottles.
- Food for that evening will be hot dogs and taco in a bag.
Discussion from Members
Meeting scheduled for July 4, 2012, will be cancelled due to the holiday.
Meeting adjourned at 9:36 p.m.