All meeting minutes posted on the township website are unofficial minutes. Official copies of minutes may be obtained from the Vernon Township Department of Recreation and Community Development.
Minutes: January 18, 2012
The regular meeting was called to order at 7:32 p.m. by Mary Bradley.
Board Members in Attendance
Mary Ellen Vichiconti
Board member Don Sledgeski was excused.
Motion to approve the January 4, 2012 meeting minutes made by Mary Bradley, seconded by Diane Cook, minutes approved unanimously.
- Diane Cook and Mary Bradley will coordinate the vendors. An e-mail to all of last year’s vendors was sent.
- Cheri Shortway will coordinate the 5K race that day.
- Food vendors to date: Historical Society has committed to hot dogs, corn and water. Rotary Club has committed to funnel cakes.
- Other possible food vendors: PAL: popcorn, Vernon Youth Council: nachos.
National Night Out
- Committee members include Mary Bradley, MaryEllen Vichiconti, Justin Annunziata, Diane Cook, Raeline Kennedy.
- A meeting will be scheduled with other organizations on March 7, 2012.
- Diane Cook is compiling info on the Project 365 Award.
Meeting Calendar Updates
- March 24—Cultural Day coordinated by Vernon Youth Council
- March 31—Spring Fund Day with Vernon PAL
- April 28—Fishing Derby with Vernon PAL
- Still looking into the Sandhill Road lot that is owned by the town.
- The Historical Society has also offered the lots on Barrett Road.
- To be held Saturday mornings through the summer and fall.
- Possible location of the parking lot directly across from the municipal building.
- Plan to keep it small and simple the first year.
- Ralph Deaires from the Sussex County Health Dept. will be invited to the March 21 Recreation Board meeting to discuss.
- To be held during the February 1 meeting at 7:30 p.m.
- Press releases have been sent to the local newspapers.
Meeting between Mary Bradley, MaryEllen Vichiconti and Emilie Vichiconti will be held on January 24, 2012
Recreation Director Report
Meeting minutes are in the process of being posted on the town’s new website
Highland Lakes Fire Department will be hosting a Youth Karaoke Night on either Friday, January 27 or Saturday, January 28 from 7:00 to 10:00 p.m. for ages 14-17.
Discussion from Members
Denise Urbaniak will be the Recreation Board liaison for Earthfest 2012.
Meeting adjourned at 9:03 p.m.