All meeting minutes posted on the township website are unofficial minutes. Official copies of minutes may be obtained from the Vernon Township Department of Recreation and Community Development.
Minutes: August 1, 2012
The regular meeting was called to order at 7:44 p.m. by Mary Bradley.
Board Members in Attendance
Mary Ellen Vichiconti
Board members Justin Annunziata and Don Sledgeski were excused.
Also in attendance: John Rosenberg
Open to the Public
A member of the Vernon Youth Soccer league, Ed Nitch, asked for clarification of the policy and procedures for field allocation. Mary Bradley provided the ordinance number and resolution number which outlines field allocation to sports organizations.
Mr. Nitch also inquired about the policy and procedures for special events at Maple Grange field. He addressed the need for clearer, standard procedures/ordinances now that more sports organizations are holding special events such as tournaments.
Approval of Minutes
- Motion to approve minutes of May 30th meeting made by Diane Cook, seconded by Raeline Kennedy, minutes approved.
- Motion to approve minutes of June 19th meeting made by Mary Ellen Vichiconti, seconded by Raeline Kennedy, minutes approved.
- Motion to approve minutes of July 18th meeting made by Diane Cook, seconded by Raeline Kennedy, minutes approved.
National Night Out
- Water bottles donated by Lowe’s have been delivered.
- There were no additional donations, all necessary items will be purchased.
- Mary Ellen Vichiconti will coordinate purchasing items needed for taco in a bag.
- Rotary Club will manage the beverage table.
Battle of the Bands
- Organizers agreed to all stipulations set forth by the Recreation Board.
- All monies collected will be exchanged through a Recreation Board representative.
- All expenses and prize money will be from ticket money collected.
Recreation Director Report
- An application for the community garden is being drafted for the 2013 season.
- Dog park group needs to raise and additional $25,000 for paving of driveway in order to stay open for the winter.
- Researching a geo-caching group.
- Future activities to look into include a summer band series for adults and a fall festival.
Discussion from Members
- Motion made by Denise Urbaniak to cancel August 15th meeting, seconded by Mary Ellen Vichiconti, motion approved.
- Motion made by Denise Urbaniak for the following Recreation Board meeting schedule: September 5th, October 3rd, November 7th. The December 5th tree lighting ceremony will be held in lieu of a meeting. Motion seconded by Mary Ellen Vichiconti, motion approved.
Meeting adjourned at 9:10 p.m.