All meeting minutes posted on the township website are unofficial minutes. Official copies of minutes may be obtained from the Vernon Township Department of Recreation and Community Development.
Minutes: April 4, 2012
The regular meeting was called to order at 7:50 p.m. by Mary Bradley.
Board Members in Attendance
Mary Ellen Vichiconti
Board members Don Sledgeski and Frank Annunziata were excused.
Approval of Minutes
Motion to approve March 7th minutes made by Diane Cook, seconded by Raeline Kennedy, minutes approved.
Motion to approve March 21st minutes made by Raeline Kennedy, seconded by Justin Annunziata, minutes approved.
- Pending approval from town council.
- To be held June-October on Saturday mornings 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Mary Bradley will contact local farms and will also contact Hardyston Township for stall prices.
- Mary Bradley presented boxes made from recycled greeting cards as an additional craft for EarthFest.
- Volunteers for that day include Mary Bradley, Justin Annunziata, Mary Ellen Vichiconti, and possibly Raeline Kennedy and Diane Cook.
Memorial Day Parade
- 400 hundred flags will be ordered to hand out along the parade route to spectators.
- Volunteers for that day include Mary Bradley, Mary Ellen Vichiconti, Denise Urbaniak, Justin Annunziata and Raeline Kennedy.
Recreation Director Report
- Community Garden—possible location next to the new dog park. Waiting for amendment of dog park lease and Board of Ed approval.
- Will put together a flyer for Vernon Day and post on the town website.
- Couch to 5K program being promoted on Facebook.
Discussion from Members
- Diane Cook provided an update on Vernon Day vendors.
- Diane Cook discussed a potential lead for karaoke at the Highland Lakes fire house.
Meeting adjourned at 9:02 p.m.