The Vernon Township Recreation Department, also known more formally as the Vernon Township Department of Recreation and Community Development, offers recreational opportunities and facilities for residents of all ages.
Among its many duties, this department does the following:
- maintains all township parks, playgrounds, ball fields and other recreational facilities
- creates and oversees recreational programming for children and adults
- issues use permits for township fields, parks and recreation facilities
- administrates and supervises senior citizen programs
- assists the mayor with formulation and implementation of programs geared towards encouraging public interest in community development