Ordinance No. 18-06
Introduced: January 8, 2018
Public Hearing: January 22, 2018
An Ordinance Amending Chapter 5, Article XVI of the Municipal Code of the Township of Vernon
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED by the by the Township Council of the Township of Vernon that the code of the Township of Vernon is hereby amended as follows:
§ 5-94. Historic Preservation Commission.
E. The Commission shall adopt internal rules and procedures for the transaction of its business subject to the following:
- The Commission shall elect from its members a Chairman and Vice Chairman.
- A quorum for the transaction of all business shall be four members.
- All Commission minutes and records shall be public records and all Commission meetings shall comply with the Open Public Meetings Act, N.J.S.A. 10:4-6 et seq.
- The Commission shall employ, designate or elect a Secretary who need not be a member of the Commission. The Secretary shall keep minutes and records of all meetings and proceedings, including voting records, attendance, resolutions, findings, determinations and decisions. All such materials shall be made of public record.
- Commission meetings shall be scheduled at least once every month, or as often as required to fulfill its obligations to advise the Planning Board, Zoning Board of Adjustment or governing body.
- No Commission member shall be permitted to act on any matter in which he or she has directly or indirectly any personal or financial interest.
Each section of this ordinance is an independent section, and the holding of any section or part thereof to be unconstitutional, void or ineffective for any cause shall not be deemed to affect the validity of constitutionality of any other sections or parts thereof.
Any ordinances or parts thereof in conflict with the provisions of this Ordinance are hereby repealed as to their inconsistencies only.
This Ordinance shall take effect immediately as provided by law.