Ordinance No. 16-11
Introduced: May 9, 2016
Public Hearing: June 13, 2016
An ordinance granting municipal historic designation to certain property in the Township of Vernon
WHEREAS, the Historic Preservation Commission has studied the United Methodist Cemetery for inclusion in the Historic Element of the Master Plan pursuant to the Township Administrative Code ?330-146 et seq and has recommended the property to the Land Use Board as required pursuant to a Resolution adopted by the Historic Preservation Commission; and
WHEREAS, the Land Use Board has considered the inclusion of the United Methodist Cemetery in the Historic Element of the Master Plan and has recommended historic designation to the Township Council and has acted to amend the Master Plan accordingly.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED by the Township Council of the Township of Vernon, County of Sussex and State of New Jersey as follows.
- The United Methodist Cemetery located on Block 148 Lot 2 as described in an April 15, 2016 report from Jessica Caldwell, Land Use Board Planner, is hereby granted Municipal Historic Designation.
- A copy of this Ordinance shall be served upon the owners of the property by certified mail return receipt requested and regular mail after the first reading and prior to final adoption.
- The Township Clerk is hereby directed to give notice at least ten days prior to the adoption of this Ordinance to the County Planning Board and to all other persons entitled thereto pursuant to NJSA 40:55D-15 and NJSA 40:55D-63 (if required). Upon the adoption of this ordinance after public hearing thereon, the Township Clerk is further directed to publish notice of the passage thereof and to file a copy of the Ordinance as finally adopted with the Sussex County Planning Board as required by NJSA 40:55D-16. the Clerk shall also forthwith transmit a copy of this Ordinance after final passage to the Township Tax Assessor as required by NJSA 40:49-2.1.
- All ordinances or parts of ordinances or resolutions that are in conflict with the provisions of this Ordinance are repealed to the extent necessary.
- If any article, section, subsection, term or condition of this Ordinance is declared invalid or illegal for any reason, the balance of the Ordinance shall be deemed severable and shall remain in full force and effect.
- This Ordinance shall take effect after publication and passage according to law.