Ordinance No. 13-08
Introduced: April 22, 2013
Public Hearing: May 13, 2013
An ordinance of the Township of Vernon, County of Sussex, State of New Jersey authorizing the sale of certain property owned by the township and not required for public purposes and more commonly known as 8 Clover Lane/2 Gilbert Drive, Block 83.08 Lot 2
WHEREAS, the Local Lands and Buildings Law, N.J.S.A. 40A:12-13 authorizes the sale by municipalities of any real property, capital improvements or personal property, or interest therein, not needed for public use by open public sale at auction to the highest bidder after the required newspaper advertisements; and
WHEREAS, the Township of Vernon is the owner of certain real property known as 8 Clover Lane/2 Gilbert Drive, Block 83.08, Lot 2; and
WHEREAS, said property is not needed for public use, and the Township Council has determined that it is in the best interest of the Township to sell the property; and
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED by the Township Council of the Township of Vernon, County of Sussex, State of New Jersey, that:
- The property known as 8 Clover Lane/2 Gilbert Drive, Block 83.08, Lot 2 shall be offered for sale by open public sale at auction to the highest bidder, pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40A:12-13. Said auction shall be conducted on June 10, 2013 at 7:30 p.m. at the Municipal Building, 21 Church Street, Vernon, New Jersey.
- This property shall be sold subject to the following terms and conditions:
- After legal advertisement of this Ordinance the sale shall be made to the highest bidder at public auction.
- The Township does not warrant or certify title to the property and in no event shall the Township of Vernon be liable for any damages to the purchaser-successful bidder if title is found unmarketable for any reason. The purchaser-successful bidder waives any and all right in damages or by way of damages.
- Acceptance of the highest bid shall constitute a binding agreement of sale and the purchaser shall be deemed to agree to comply with the terms and conditions of the sale herein contained.
- Upon acceptance of the bid, the purchaser shall be required to pay ten percent (10%) of the bid plus $450.00 to cover the Township’s transaction costs, in cash or by check.
- A Quit Claim Deed without covenants will be delivered at the office of the Township Clerk within thirty (30) days, at which time and place the balance of the purchase price shall be required to be paid in cash or by bank check. The Mayor and Clerk are hereby authorized to execute said Deed.
- The Deed of Conveyance will be subject to all matters of record, which may affect title herein, what an accurate survey may reveal, the Ordinances of the Township of Vernon and reserving an easement for all natural or constructed drainage systems, waterways and water easements on the premises, if any, and the continued right of maintenance and flow.
- The property will be sold subject to 2013 taxes, pro-rated from the date of delivery of the Deed under subsection 2(f) above.
- Where all bids have been rejected a private sale is hereby authorized pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40A:12-13(b).
Effective Date. This Ordinance shall take effect upon final passage and publication as provided by law.
Contiguous Property Owners
Block 83.08, Lot 1
James F. White and Patricia Ann White
6 Clover Lane
Glenwood NJ 07418
Block 83.08, Lot 3
Mark Zaremba and Ann Marie Zaremba
12 Cedar Terrace North
Glenwood NJ 07418
Block 83.08, Lot 4
Jennifer A. Fedorka
15 Vlietstra Drive
Glenwood NJ 07418