Ordinance No. 12-17
Introduced: November 8, 2012
Public Hearing: December 10, 2012
An ordinance granting municipal historic designation to certain property in the Township of Vernon
WHEREAS, the Historic Preservation Commission has studied the following property for inclusion in the Historic Element of the Master Plan pursuant to the Township Administrative Code §330-146 et seq. and has recommended the property to the Land Use Board by Resolution as required;
|Cedar Crest Farm||Block 195 Lot 36||483 Route 515|
WHEREAS, after public review and discussion, the Land Use Board, by resolution at the regular meeting of July 25, 2012, approved the recommendation to the Township Council that the above named property be added as a Historic Landmark within the Township of Vernon.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED by the Township Council of the Township of Vernon, County of Sussex and State of New Jersey as follows.
- The property as designated above is hereby granted Municipal Historic Designation.
- A copy of this Ordinance shall be served upon the owners of the property by certified mail return receipt requested and regular mail after the first reading and prior to final adoption.
- The Township Clerk is hereby directed to give notice at least ten days prior to the adoption of this Ordinance to the County Planning Board and to all other persons entitled thereto pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40:55D-15 and N.J.S.A. 40:55D-63 (if required). Upon the adoption of this ordinance after public hearing thereon, the Township Clerk is further directed to publish notice of the passage thereof and to file a copy of the Ordinance as finally adopted with the Sussex County Planning Board as required by N.J.S.A. 40:55D-16. The Clerk shall also forthwith transmit a copy of this Ordinance after final passage to the Municipal Assessor as required by N.J.S.A. 40:49-2.1.
- All ordinances or parts of ordinances or resolutions that are in conflict with the provisions of this Ordinance are repealed to the extent necessary.
- If any article, section, subsection, term or condition of this Ordinance is declared invalid or illegal for any reason, the balance of the Ordinance shall be deemed severable and shall remain in full force and effect.
- This Ordinance shall take effect after publication and passage according to law.