Ordinance No. 12-04
Introduced: March 26, 2012
Public Hearing: April 9, 2012
An ordinance of the Township of Vernon, County of Sussex, State of New Jersey, amending the code of the Township of Vernon—Recreational Vehicles, etc.
BE IT ORDAINED, by the Township Council of the Township of Vernon that the Code of Vernon Township, Section 330-180 is hereby repealed and replaced as follows:
330-193. Storage of recreational vehicles and equipment in residential districts.
The outdoor storage or parking in residential districts of recreational vehicles such as, but not limited to, trailers, large boats, and motorized homes is permitted subject to the following requirements:
- Any such vehicle or piece of equipment shall be owned or leased by a resident of the premises, and shall have a current registration with the NJDMV in the resident’s name and the vehicle or equipment must be in operable condition.
- Any such recreational vehicle shall be located so as to meet yard and setback requirements applicable to accessory buildings and shall be stored in the rear or side yard (behind the front yard setback) unless a review by the Zoning Officer determines there is no suitable storage location in the rear or side yard. In that case, recreational vehicles may be stored in the front yard, if located in the driveway provided that the recreational vehicle(s) does not encroach onto the public right of way and/or is 10 feet from the street line.
- No such storage or parking shall eliminate any required off-street parking area.
- No more than two (2) such vehicles shall be parked or stored on a lot unless it is garaged. In the event a commercial vehicle is stored on the property, no more than one (1) recreational vehicle is permitted.
- All covers and tarps for such vehicles shall be of neutral or earth tone colors and maintained in good condition.
- Recreational vehicles are not permitted to be parked on public rights of way and shall be parked at least 10 feet from the street line or curb line.