Ordinance No. 11-18
Introduced: July 11, 2011
Public Hearing: August 8, 2011
An ordinance amending the code of the Township of Vernon, County of Sussex, State of New Jersey
BE IT ORDAINED Mayor and Township of Council, in the County of Sussex, State of New Jersey as follows:
- There is hereby created the position of Purchasing Agent for the Township of Vernon.
- The Purchasing Agent shall be appointed by the Mayor of the Township of Vernon.
- The Purchasing Agent is required to possess a valid Qualified Purchasing Agent certificate, as issued by the New Jersey Division of Local Government Services, Department of Community Affairs.
- The Purchasing Agent shall have, on behalf of the Mayor & Council of the Township of Vernon, the authority, responsibility and accountability for the purchasing activity pursuant to Local Public Contracts Law (NJSA 40A:121-1 et seq.), to prepare public advertising for and to receive bids and requests for proposals for the provision or performance of goods, services and construction contracts; to award contracts pursuant to New Jersey law in accordance with the regulations, forms and procedures promulgated by state regulatory agencies; and conduct any activities as may be necessary or appropriate to the purchasing function of the Township of Vernon.
- All ordinances or parts of ordinances inconsistent herewith are repealed to the extent of such inconsistency.
- If any word, phrase, clause, section or provision of this ordinance shall be found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, illegal or unconstitutional, such word, phrase, clause, section or provision shall be severable from the balance of the ordinance and the remainder of the ordinance shall remain in full force and effect.
- This ordinance shall take effect immediately upon final passage and publication as required by law.