All meeting minutes posted on the township website are unofficial minutes. Official copies of minutes may be obtained from the Planning/Zoning Department.
Minutes: February 10, 2016
Mr. Theobald called the meeting to order at 7:04 p.m.
Statement of Compliance
Pursuant to the Open Public Meetings Act, adequate notice of this regular meeting has been provided to the public and the press on January 21, 2015 by delivering to the press such notice and posting same at the municipal building and filed with the office of the Township Clerk.
Salute to the Flag
|Roll Call||Also Present|
|Mayor Shortway||P||Cory Stoner, Board Engineer|
|Diane Wexler||P||Glenn Kienz, Esq., Board Attorney|
|Councilmember Murphy||P||Kim Decker, Board Secretary|
|Martin Theobald||P||Carole Baksa, Board Recording Secretary|
|Chris Hack (#1 Alt)||P|
|Michael Whitaker (#2 Alt)||P|
|David Nieves (#3 Alt)||P|
|Kristi Raperto (#4 Alt)||NP|
Open Meeting to the Public for Items Other than Those Listed on the Agenda
Close Meeting to the Public
LU# 11-15-13: Lake Community Property Owners Association - Block 100.07, Lot 16, - Minor Subdivision with Variances
Ms. Wexler stepped down. Attorney Roger Thomas of Dolan & Dolan came forward with his client, Scott Ghysels, president of the LCPOA, who was then sworn in.
Mr. Thomas stated that the reason for the subdivision was because the owner of the property did not want to be involved in the dam project and they, along with the professionals, would like the lot attached to the lake lot. Mr. Thomas said that he had experienced some resistance from the tax assessor Lynne Schweighardt regarding this and she had said she thought that there was some state statute preventing such an action and would advise.
The general consensus was that it is better to have the lot attached to the lake as it is not a developable lot. Mr. Stoner added that it should have a deed restriction that states ownership of the lot has to stay the same as the lake. Mr. Kienz and Mr. Stoner are to reach out to Ms. Schweighardt regarding statutes.
Motion: A motion was made by Ms. Cocula and seconded by Mr. Rolando to approve the above subdivision and variances, with the stipulation that it was approved by Ms. Schweighardt, Vernon tax assessor. ROLL CALL: Shortway: Y, Murphy: Y, Theobald: Y, Spoerl: Y, Cocula: Y, Rolando: Y, Paladini: Y, Hack: Y, Whittaker: Y, Passed.
Appointing and Retaining Board Attorney, Glenn Kienz
Appointing and Retaining Board Engineer, Cory Stoner
Appointing and Retaining Board Planner, Jessica Caldwell
Motion: A motion was made by Ms. Cocula and seconded by Mr. Spoerl to approve the above resolutions. All were in favor. Passed.
LU# 11-15-2: Vernon Valley Reserve, LLC - Block 180, Lots 25, 25.01, 25.02, 27 & 28, Block 180.04, Lots 23 & 30, - Use & Bulk Variance with Preliminary Site Plan Approval to Install Six (6) Satellite Dishes
Motion: A motion was made by Mr. Spoerl and seconded by Ms. Wexler to approve the above. ROLL CALL: Wexler: Y, Theobald: Y, Spoerl: Y, Cocula: Y, Rolando: Y, Paladini: Y
LU# 6-15-6: National Winter Activity Center - Block 192.02, Lot 19 & 25 - Amended Final Site Plan
Motion: A motion was made by Mr. Spoerl and seconded by Ms. Cocula to approve the above. ROLL CALL: Shortway: Y, Wexler: Y, Murphy: Y, Theobald: Y, Spoerl: Y, Cocula: Y, Rolando: Y, Paladini: Y
January 13, 2015: Regular Meeting Minutes (Shortway, Wexler, Murphy, Theobald, Spoerl, Tadrick, Cocula, Paladini, Rolando)
Motion: A motion was made by Ms. Paladini and seconded by Ms. Wexler to approve the above minutes. All were in favor. Passed.
Land Use Board Discussion Items (action may or may not be taken)
New Land Use Board Application Procedures
Ms. Decker and Mr. Stoner talked about combining the present zoning and planning checklists into one land use board application in order to streamline the process and collect proper fees. Ms. Paladini added that she there should be a box that asks if this application would affect any present historical landmarks. It was also added that this would eventually go to the Township Council for approval and adoption by ordinance.
Motion: A motion was made by Ms. Cocula and seconded by Ms. Paladini to approve revamping the land use board application procedures. All were in favor. Passed.
Appendix A: Escrows, Board Fees, Bond Reductions and Escrow Closures
- Board Fees
- Board Attorney: Glenn Kienz, Weiner Lesniak LLP
- Land Use Board Business: Services through 12/9/15 ($432.00)
- Wilson Facility Mang.: LU# 6-15-8 - Services through 12/17/15 ($128.00)
- Vernon Valley Reserve: LU# 11-15-12 - Services through 12/28/15 ($688.00)
- Theta 456 Asso.: LU# 5-13-2 - Services through 12/9/15 ($123.00)
- National Winter Act.: LU# 6-15-6 - Services through 12/23/15 ($352.00)
- Lake Community Asso.: LU# 11-15-13 - Services through 12/15/15 ($75.00)
- Board Planner: Jessica Caldwell, J. Caldwell & Associates
- Land Use Board Business: ($0)
- Board Engineer: Cory Stoner, Harold E. Pellow & Associates
- Land Use Board Business: Services through 12/9/15 ($245.00)
- First Hartford Realty: LU# 5-14-4 - Services through 12/16/15 ($1,390.25)
- Mountain Creek: LU# 4-15-2 - Services through 12/17/15 ($91.88)
- National Winter Act.: LU# 6-15-6 - Services through 12/30/15 ($1,755.14)
- Vernon Valley Reserve: LU# 11-15-12 - Services through 12/23/15 ($673.76)
- Wilson Facility Mang.: LU# 6-15-8 - Services through 12/23/15 ($459.38)
- Lake Community Asso.: LU# 11-15-13 - Services through 12/22/15 ($138.00)
- Board Recording Secretary: Carole Baksa - ($112.50)
- Board Attorney: Glenn Kienz, Weiner Lesniak LLP
Motion: A motion was made by Ms. Cocula and seconded by Ms. Paladini to approve the board fees. All were in favor. Passed.
- Request for Escrows to Be Closed
- LU# 6-14-5: Daniel Thoma - Front Yard Variance for a Deck - Block 103.21, Lot 1, Request for Escrow to Be Released ($448.25)
Motion: A motion was made by Mr. Spoerl and seconded by Ms. Wexler to approve the board fees. All were in favor. Passed.
The board briefly discussed the pending property maintenance ordinance and the conditions of some of the businesses in Town Center.
Motion: A motion was made by Ms. Wexler and seconded by Ms. Paladini to adjourn the meeting. All were in favor.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:36 p.m.
These minutes were transcribed by Carole Baksa on February 11, 2016.