All meeting minutes posted on the township website are unofficial minutes. Official copies of minutes may be obtained from the Planning/Zoning Department.
Minutes: August 9, 2017
Call to Order
Meeting was called to order by Chairman Theobald at 7:00 p.m.
Statement of Compliance
Pursuant to the Open Public Meetings Act, adequate notice of this regular meeting has been provided to the public and the press on January 16, 2017 by delivering to the press such notice and posting same at the municipal building and filed with the office of the Township Clerk.
Salute to the Flag
Chairman Theobald led the assemblage of the flag.
|Roll Call||Also Present|
|Mayor Shortway||P||Glenn Kienz, Board Attorney|
|John Auberger||P||Jessica Caldwell, Board Planner|
|Councilmember Ooms||NP||Kim Decker, Board Secretary|
|Willard McPeek (#1 Alt)||P|
|Michael Whitaker (#2 Alt)||NP|
|David Nieves (#3 Alt)||NP|
|Kristi Raperto (#4 Alt)||NP|
Chairman Theobald announced that Mr. Whitaker, Mr. Nieves, Mr. Spoerl and Mr. Tadrick informed the board they would be unable to attend the meeting tonight.
LU# 7-17-4: Kevin White - Block 102.16, Lot 7 - Bulk Variance for a Porch within the Front Yard Setback
Mr. Kevin White and Ms. Monica Allen, co-applicants were sworn in to testify about proposed replacement of existing wooden porch with stone steps and request of variance as new steps extend beyond allowed setback.
Ms. Caldwell questioned actual setback from bottom step to property line as plans note 24 ft. Mr. White explained exact size of landing step was undetermined at time of submission and notes drawing may not be to scale. Ms. Caldwell adds plan shows 28.47 ft. setback which then would be a request for a 12 ft. variance in front yard setback. Mr. White explains there are vacant lots on both sides so improvement would not impact any other property.
Chairman Theobald opened the meeting to the public. Seeing no one wishing to come forward, Chairman Theobald closed the meeting to the public.
Chairman Theobald comments that the variance should be for 13 ft. to give leeway due to exact size of landing stone.
A motion was made by Mr. Auberger to approve application granting a 13 ft. variance for purpose to build replacement stone porch. A second was made by Mayor Shortway.
ROLL CALL: SHORTWAY: Y; AUBERGER: Y, THEOBALD: Y; COCULA: Y; ROLANDO: Y, MCPEEK: Y.
Mr. White requested waiver of reading resolution to obtain building permits prior to next land use meeting and board unanimously voted in favor.
Chairman Theobald opened the meeting to the public for items other than those listed on the agenda. Seeing no one coming forward the meeting was closed to the public.
LU# 1-17-1: HM GG LLC - Block 231, Lot 1 & Block 231.01, Lot 1, - Amended Preliminary and Final Site Plan for an Aerial Adventures Ropes Course
Motion: A motion was made by Ms. Cocula and was seconded by Mr. Auberger to approve the resolution for LU#1-17-1.
ROLL CALL: AUBERGER: Y, COCULA: Y; ROLANDO: Y, MCPEEK: Y.
Land Use Board Discussion Items (action may or may not be taken)
There were no discussion items brought forward.
July 12, 2017: Regular Meeting Minutes (Auberger, Ooms, Tadrick, Cocula, Rolando, Paladini, McPeek, Whitaker, Nieves)
Motion: A motion was made to approve the above minutes by Ms. Cocula and seconded by Mr. Auberger.
ROLL CALL: AUBERGER: Y, COCULA: Y; ROLANDO: Y, PALADINI: Y, MCPEEK: Y.
Appendix A: Escrows, Board Fees, Bond Reductions and Escrow Closures
- Board Fees
- Board Attorney: Glenn Kienz, Weiner Lesniak LLP
- Land Use Board Business: Services through 6/14/17 ($320.00)
- Land Use Board Business: Services through 7/12/17 ($320.00)
- Kirk Stephens: PB# 8-07-9 - Services through 6/23/17 ($64.00)
- Waheguru: LU# 7-16-5 - Services through 6/22/17 ($64.00)
- Rosemark Realty: PB# 11-08-7 - Services through 6/16/17 ($512.00)
- HM GG LLC: LU#1-17-1 - Services through 7/20/17 ($357.00)
- Aqua New Jersey Inc.: LU # 7-17-3 - Services through 7/13/17 ($717.00)
- Kevin White: LU# 7-17-4 - Services through 7/18/17 ($45.00)
- Board Planner: Jessica Caldwell, J. Caldwell & Associates
- HM GG LLC: LU#1-17-1 - Services through 7/10/17 ($357.00)
- Aqua New Jersey Inc.: LU # 7-17-3 - Services through 7/13/17 ($357.00)
- Board Engineer: Cory Stoner, Harold E. Pellow & Associates
- Land Use Board Business: Services through 6/14/17 ($250.00)
- NWAC: LU# 11-16-12 - Services through 6/20/17 ($437.50)
- MNA/Taco Bell: LU# 6-15-5 - Services through 6/29/17 ($255.10)
- Rosemark Realty: PB# 11-08-7 - Services through 6/13/17 ($675.70)
- Kirk Stephens: PB# 8-07-9 - Services through 6/23/17 ($62.50)
- Waheguru: LU# 7-16-5 - Services through 6/27/17 ($471.30)
- Mountain Creek: PB# 2-91-4 - Services through 6/12/17 ($442.60)
- Board Recording Secretary: Irene Mills ($30.00)
- Board Attorney: Glenn Kienz, Weiner Lesniak LLP
Motion: A motion was made to approve the fees listed above by Ms. Cocula and was seconded by Mr. Rolando. All members were in favor. Motion passed.
Seeing no more board business, a motion was made by Ms. Cocula to adjourn the meeting and was seconded by Mr. Auberger. All members were in favor.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:16 p.m.