Minutes: October 21, 2010
Mr. Charles Bates, HPC Chair, called the meeting to order at 7:15 p.m.
Statement of Compliance
Pursuant to the Open Public Meetings Act, Chapter 231 P.L, 1975, adequate notice as defined in Section 3D of Chapter 231, P.L 1975, had been forwarded to the New Jersey Herald on January 21, 2010, and published on February 10, 2010. Notice is also posted on the bulletin board and filed with the office of the Township Clerk.
Roll Call of Members
|Rev. Robert Solon||P|
|Carol Gunn Kadish||P|
Note: Ms. Cheadle advised that she wouldn’t be present at tonight’s meeting.
HPC September 16, 2010 Regular Meeting Minutes
Motion: Mr. Cantaldi made a motion to approve of the minutes, as revised, of the HPC meeting on September 16, 2010. Rev. Solon seconded the motion. All were in favor.
Meeting Opened to the Public
No one came forward.
Closed Meeting to the Public
Applications to Review
HPC Member Reappointment
Mr. Bates advised the members, if they are up for reappointment in 2011, to get their letters into the Clerk.
Mastodon Lake Marker
Mr. Bates advised that a stake is in the ground at the site and the unveiling is scheduled for October 30, 2010, at 10:00 a.m. He has invited the newspaper, Town Council members, Land Use Board members, the Historical Society, Dave Pullis (DPW). Mr. Hanke has agreed to do the presentation. The owner of the property, Karen Driscoll, advised Mr. Bates that the family will be there.
Economic Development Advisory Committee
Mr. Wetzel was not present.
Board of Education Building—Marker Language
Mr. Cantaldi advised that the sign has been ordered. Mr. Bates said that the members of the Board of Education have decided that the marker should be placed in the garden area to the right of the handicap ramp.
Applications to Review
Discussion on Prioritizing the 250 Other Structures for Application for Memorialization
Mr. Bates advised that site #06-22 (Baxter Homestead) had already been memorialized on October 10, 2006.
Mr. Bates visited several of the sites on the list and reported the following:
- 13 Rudetown Road—all of the records have been disposed; built in 1890.
- 166 Route 94—built in 1890.
- 1512 Route 565—built in 1780.
- 435 Route 94—previously had a structure; only vacant land now.
- 34 MacPeek Road—built in 1870, Mr. Bates will take a clearer picture.
Mr. Bates asked Mr. Cantaldi to make lists of the “yes”, “no”, and “maybe” sites so that the “yes” list of sites (116) to be memorialized may be added to the Master Plan as a goal.
Mr. Bates has no information regarding the cemetery applications going to the Land Use Board. He will inquire about the status from Kim Decker in that department.
Rev. Solon made a motion to adjourn the HPC meeting at 8:00 p.m. Mr. Cantaldi seconded the motion. All were in favor.
Transcribed by Cynthia Davis on November 17, 2010.