Minutes: August 10, 2021
Chair Jen Lubliner called the meeting to order at 7:08 pm and read the statement of compliance.
SALUTE TO THE FLAG
Jennifer Lubliner - P
Nicholas Pirro - P
Jennifer Rodriguez - P
Dan Segal - P
Ron Williams - A
Jenn R motioned to open the meeting to the public, Nick seconded, all in favor. Seeing no members of the public present, Jen L motioned to close, Dan seconded, all in favor.
Review of July, 2021 Meeting Minutes
Jen L motioned to approve, Dan seconded, all in favor.
Jen L provided an update on status of cannabis legislation in town. Retail and Medical dispensaries were approved, no more than 3 total and not allowed within 1000' of schools, daycare, parks, etc.
Jen L advised that the mayor and council are looking into format changes for the EDAC. Discussion on what that will look like, current members will remain on committee. Will review specific changes after council vote.
FOCUS ITEMS FOR 2ND HALF OF THE YEAR:
Flow chart/Checklist for new businesses
- Review of Oh My Dog issues
- Jen L shared an example of how this will look
- Goal is to make it clear as to what is needed and what to expect on both ends of the process
- Chuck (business administrator) and Bob (building department head) are working together to gather info for us
- Jen R volunteered to head this up and reach out to the school/teacher
- Discussion on how to format the program, decided to gather input from school and local businesses to gauge interest and set goals
- In agreement to ask for a student member to council
Visit Vernon Marketing Campaign
- Permission from Mayor to gather info
- Revisited previous discussion
- Some concerns on weather the town is ready for a campaign like this, what we need to resolve before moving forward
NEW BUSINESS UPDATES
- Oh My Dog, issues sorted out, grand opening TBA
- Bliss Salon opening in October, grand opening planed 10/23
- Valley Trends opening up on Church St
COMMITTEE MEMBER COMMENTS
Jen L motioned to adjourn the meeting at 9:17 pm, Dan seconded, all in favor.